A PlanetPress workflow solution can be customised for virtually any need and across every industry.
PlanetPress Suite allows you to automate your printing workflow & manage the distribution of your documents based upon your existing business processes - how you want it, when you want it, the choice is customer driven.
By using input from any host system or application, the workflow tools process the documents, following user-defined rules and conditions. You can do anything to the document; split or merge existing files, sort them, enhance the existing layout with barcodes, OMR marks, signature capture zones or targeted messages; all automated, with no human intervention.
PlanetPress Suite then outputs the documents to any printer, locally or remotely, or creates electronic versions of the documents to distribute them using the recipients' preferences, whether by fax, email or regular mail. An electronic archive can be created and stored in any document management system, automatically, with an index file for easy retrieval.
Computer Minimum Requirements
- Pentium 4 Class CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 5 GB of storage space available on the hard disk
- Colour monitor with minimum resolution of 1024x768 and 16-bit color
- Windows 2000 SP4
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Windows XP / Server 2003
- Windows Vista / Server 2008
- Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2
Virtual environments supported:
- VMWare, including VMotion, vSphere, VMView.
Note: PlanetPress Suite supports VMWare Workstation, VMWare Server, VMWare Player and VMWare ESX.
- Only versions 7.1.3 and higher support VMotion under ESX.
- The copying a VM Ware host device and using it simultaneously with PlanetPress constitutes a violation of the end user licence agreement.
- VM Ware ESX, Workstation, Server and Player are supported, but other such virtual environments such as: Microsoft Virtual PC, Parallels, Xen and others are not currently supported.
Minimum Configuration of Printers:
- Minimum 16 MB/RAM
- Recommendations: 64 MB for a black and white printer
- 384 MB for a color printer.
- Terminal Server/Service
- Terminal Server/Services
- PlanetPress Suite does not support Terminal Services (or Terminal Server).
If the latter is installed on a server where PlanetPress Suite is localised, unexpected behaviour can occur and no support will be given by Objectif Lune for any problems occurring in such a environment.
32-Bit or 64-Bit?
Starting with version 7.1.3., 64-bit operating systems are supported. However, the minimum environment required for PlanetPress Suite is 32-bits.